No offense to all my friends in Boston, but I hope the Saints beat your Patriots today! LOL!
Biography: IMackGroup provides mathematics edutainment and quantitative finance products and services.
- Help facilitate global planning for Upstream Nalco Champion using various templates and financial systems to analyze data.
- Partner with Strategic Business Unit's VPs and Nalco Champion leadership, functional heads, Corporate (Ecolab - St. Paul) Planning & Analysis and Global Supply Chain leadership to develop and create Nalco Champion financial plan.
- Facilitate and analyze monthly financial forecast with Financial Planning & Analysis director, VP Finance and President to submit to Corporate Planning & Analysis.
- Perform deep dive analysis on divisional Gross Margins & Operating Expenses and develop recommendations to deliver financial objectives
- To assist with the Synergy forecasting and reporting for the Champion Integration in Houston, TX.
- Support work streams to evaluate and track synergies properly
- Coordinate global synergy reporting
Please read more here.
This is the SPY center where all your phone records & emails are stored.
Massive electrical surges at a data storage facility for the National Security Agency have led to the destruction of hugely expensive machinery and delayed its opening for a year, officials revealed Tuesday.
In the past 10 months alone, the facility has experienced 13 electrical surges, which officials describe as “a flash of lightning inside a 2-foot box.” The melting metal that results from the fiery explosions causes the circuits to fail and prevents NSA workers from using the computers. A spokeswoman for the NSA insists, despite no clear culprit for the explosions, that the issues “have been mitigated.”
A renewable energy group with numerous overseas investments, currently looking to grow their APAC coverage by appointing a Head of Structured Finance position.
an excellent new opportunity looking for an experienced Project
Finance Manager with ideally strong Renewable and Solar energy
- Build up the Structured Finance team and practice for Asia Pacific
- Lead project finance activities for Renewable Energy and Power projects across Asia Pacific, mainly focused on India, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, and etc.
- Responsible for structuring solutions and leading project/acquisition finance transactions including bridge loans and bonds.
"- Maintain relationships with financial institutions, government agencies
and relevant industry players"
- Corporate with group finance center in completing projects and improve the project financing practice continuously
- Excellent experience in leading successful work out processes and securing maximum value
- Good relationship with banks and financial institution in Asia Pacific area
- Proved capability in ...
Human exposure to bisphenol A (BPA) is widespread and of high public health concern due to associations with adverse health outcomes. Exposure is primarily through diet and consumption of canned foods. A less well recognized source of exposure to BPA is thermal receipt handling. BPA was found on 95% of dollar bills tested. This shows that the highly toxic chemical, does not, in fact, stay on receipt paper, but rather easily transfers to our skin and likely to other items that it rubs against, like dollar bills kept in our wallets.
Please read more here.
From 2007 to 2012, Asia-Pacific's millionaire population and wealth increased at double and triple the rates of the rest of the world.
The US rallied last year, and although Asia-Pacific’s super-rich population rose by 9.4 per cent to reach 3.68 million, the top spot went to the US, which rose 11.5 per cent to 3.74 million.
The balance of the scales is likely to tip back again soon, according to the 2013 Asia-Pacific Wealth Report, published by Capgemini and Royal Bank of Canada Wealth Management.
The report predicts that the number of millionaires in the Asia-Pacific region will expand by nearly 10 per cent annually during the next few years. It’s therefore on course to be at the top of the world’s rich list again next year.
....and the Asian tiger roars!
Please read more here.
The U.S. is overtaking Russia as the world's largest producer of oil and natural gas, a shift that is reshaping markets and eroding the clout of traditional energy-rich nations.
A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight
around, looking for valuables when a voice in the dark said, 'Jesus
knows you're here.'
He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight off, and froze. When he heard nothing more, he shook his head and continued.
Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard 'Jesus is watching you.'
Startled, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.
'Did you say that?' he hissed at the parrot.
'Yes', the parrot confessed, then squawked, 'I'm just trying to warn you that he's watching you.'
The burglar relaxed. 'Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?'
'Moses,' replied the bird.
'Moses?' the ...
WASHINGTON—The government is closer to running out of money to pay its bills than previously thought, the Treasury Department warned Wednesday, clarifying the fiscal deadlines confronting Congress amid continued disarray on Capitol Hill.
Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew said the government would be left with just $30 billion cash on hand "no later" than Oct. 17, and the Congressional Budget Office predicted these funds would be used up between Oct. 22 and Oct. 31 if legislation isn't enacted to raise the ceiling on government borrowing.
That little cash could make it difficult, if not impossible, for the government to pay the roughly $55 billion in Social Security, Medicare and military payments due Nov. 1.
A leading Oil and Gas consultancy firm is looking for a Trading Finance Expert to join their office in Central Europe on a staff basis.
- Creating performance transparency
and providing management consultancy for the management of Trading
businesses as well as derive strategic recommendations
- Developing and harmonizing result tracking and KPIs for steering the Trading businesses
- Ensuring continuous business development by regularly analyzing the quality and financial performance of the operating businesses
- Supporting the implementation of measures to increase the EBIT and optimize costs
- Coordinating the planning process for the operative finance team
- Preparing planning reports as well as providing economic analysis of projects
- University degree in Finance,
Business Management or comparable education
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in financially related position in either banks or energy (trading) companies
- Team player and the ability to act as a part of a diverse team ...
"Earlier today, I spoke with Larry Summers and accepted his decision to withdraw his name from consideration for Chairman of the Federal Reserve," President Barack Obama said in the statement. "Larry was a critical member of my team as we faced down the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, and it was in no small part because of his expertise, wisdom, and leadership that we wrestled the economy back to growth and made the kind of progress we are seeing today."
No reason was given for the withdrawal by Summers, who was oft-discussed as the president's preferred choice to succeed Ben Bernanke.
Please read more here.
The NSA used ‘man in the middle’ hack attacks to impersonate Google and fool web users, leaks have revealed. The technique circumvents encryption by redirecting users to a copycat site which relays all the data entered to NSA data banks.
Brazilian television network Globo News released a report based on classified data divulged
by former CIA worker Edward Snowden on Sunday. The report itself
blew the whistle on US government spying on Brazilian oil giant
Petrobras, but hidden in amongst the data was information the NSA
had impersonated Google to get its hands on user data.
Globo TV showed slides from a 2012 NSA presentation explaining how the organization intercepts data and re-routes it to NSA central. One of the convert techniques the NSA uses to do this is a ‘man in the middle’ (MITM) hack attack.
This particular method of intercepting internet communications is quite common among ...
A Plea for Caution From Russia
by VLADIMIR V. PUTIN
New York Times Op Ed
RECENT events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.
Relations between us have passed through different stages. We stood against each other during the cold war. But we were also allies once, and defeated the Nazis together. The universal international organization — the United Nations — was then established to prevent such devastation from ever happening again.
The United Nations’ founders understood that decisions affecting war and peace should happen only by consensus, and with America’s consent the veto by Security Council permanent members was enshrined in the United Nations Charter. The profound wisdom of this has underpinned the stability of international relations for decades.
No one wants the United Nations to ...
by Michael Snyder
Did you know that the big banks have a way to legally steal your house from you even if you don’t owe a single penny on your mortgage? Big banks and hedge funds are buying billions of dollars worth of tax liens from local governments all over the nation, and they are ruthlessly foreclosing on homeowners when they can’t pay the absolutely ridiculous penalties and legal fees that are tacked on to the original tax bill. As you will see below, one 76-year-old man lost his $197,000 home that he fully owned over a $134 tax bill. A 95-year-old woman lost her $300,000 home over a $44.79 tax bill. This is a very, very dirty way to make money, and the predatory financial institutions that are involved in this business definitely do not want to talk about it.
Of course much of ...read more
No blog categories
No blog archives